Sealy 2017 Comparison Guide

Disclosure: This site receives a payment from US Mattress, Amazon, Sears, or Macy’s when you purchase a product using any links to that company in this article

Mattresses are sold under different names at different retailers, and Sealy is no exception. This can make it difficult to comparison shop a mattress you liked from one retailer at other retailers. It is especially difficult to make these comparisons when the retailer doesn’t list the specs of the mattress on their website. This is a guide to compare the models of Sealy mattresses that came out in 2017.

Sealy has a few different lineups. In the past, they had the “Sealy brand” lineup and then the “Posturepedic” lineup. This year, they seem to be moving away from that. Now, the mattresses are all “Sealy,” but the higher end ones (in the Performance and Premier collections) now say “with Posturepedic technology.”

As you compare names in the following chart, keep a couple things in mind.

• Make sure you’re comparing prices for the same size and whether or not a boxspring is included
  • The mattresses might not be completely identical. Sometimes a retailer will have a negligible difference in the mattress, like a different cover, to claim it’s a different mattress

Sealy 2017 comparison chart

LineupUS MattressAmazonMacy'sSears
EssentialBale Firm-Blue Arbor Firm-
Castra FirmEssentials 8.5 inch firm--
Seward FirmEssentials 10" firmRustic Pass Firm-
Seward PlushEssentials 10.5" Plush--
Townhouse Cushion FirmEssentials 11" Cushion Firm-Cavell Cushion Firm
Townhouse Plush EurotopEssentials 11.5" Plush Eurotop--
Townhouse Plush PillowtopEssentials 13" Plush Pillowtop--
PerformanceSanta Paula Cushion FirmPerformance 12" Cushion FirmChase PointeKenney Firm
Santa Paula PlushPerformance 12" Plush--
Santa Paula Cushion Firm Eurotop--Kenney Cushion Firm Eurotop
Santa Paula Plush EurotopPerformance 13" Plush Eurotop--
Santa Paula Cushion Firm Pillowtop---
Santa Paula Plush Pillowtop---
Mountain Ridge Firm-Lawson Cushion FirmBenish Firm
Mountain Ridge Plush-Lawson Plush-
Mountain Ridge Cushion Firm Eurotop--Benish Cushion Firm Eurotop
Mountain Ridge Plush Eurotop---
Mountain Ridge Cushion Firm Pillowtop-Lawson Cushion Firm PillowtopMcCann Firm Pillowtop
Mountain Ridge Plush Pillowtop-Lawson Plush PillowtopMcCann Plush Pillowtop
Cooper Mountain FirmPerformance 12.5" FirmShore Drive Extra FirmDolby Ultra Firm
Cooper Mountain Cushion Firm--Dolby Cushion Firm
Cooper Mountain Plush--Dolby Plush
Cooper Mountain Cushion Firm Pillowtop-Shore Drive Cushion Firm PillowtopDolby Cushion Firm Pillowtop
Cooper Mountain Plush PillowtopPerformance 13.5" Plush pillowtopShore Drive Plush PillowtopDolby Plush Pillowtop
PremiumWarrenville Cushion Firm--Goldrick Cushion Firm
Warrenville Plush---
Warrenville Cushion Firm Pillowtop--Goldrick Firm Pillowtop
Warrenville Plush PillowtopPremium 14" Plush Pillowtop-Goldrick Cushion Firm Pillowtop
Barrett Court Ultra Firm--Rosati Ultra Firm
Barrett Court Cushion Firm---
Barrett Court Plush--Rosati Plush
Barrett Court Cushion Firm Pillowtop---
Barrett Court Plush Pillowtop--Rosati Plush Pillowtop

If the model you were looking for isn’t on the chart, contact me through the form on my Comparison Shopping page with the details of what you saw, or leave a comment below.

Comparison to last year’s models

If you’re comparing to models that came out in 2015, keep a few things in mind.

• The Essentials collection was what they used to call “Sealy Brand” or the “Non-Posturepedic” Sealys.
  • The Performance collection is roughly equivalent in quality to the previous year’s “Posturepedic Plus” lineup
  • The Premium collection is replacing the “Posturepedic Select” lineup from before.

This year, they changed the coil system in the mattresses. They’re using more coils than before, but they’re shaped differently, so it’s not exactly an apples-to-apples comparison.

Questions & Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Susan Engelbrecht Says

August 8, 2018 at 11:16 am

What is update version of Lakeside Ultra Plush Pillowtop mattress? I have had this mattress 10yrs and love it but need another of similar quality. Thank you.

Cheryl Chapman Says

August 4, 2018 at 10:40 am

I slept on a sealy posturepedic west highland at a b and b and i'm looking to buy one like it. it was a queen firm

Dick K Says

July 19, 2018 at 1:39 am

Do Sealy Santa Paula and Sealy Attendence are identical model?

Mattress Man Says

July 9, 2018 at 9:09 am

What is the difference between a Sealy Performance Kelburn 2 Firm versus the Sealy Performance Copper 2 Firm?

Jeffrey Warner Says

July 7, 2018 at 8:16 pm

What is the difference between the Sealy Hybrid Elite Kelburn and the Sealy Hybrid Performance Kelburn II mattresses?

Kirk Says

June 12, 2018 at 9:43 pm

What is the replacement for Sealy Hybrid Kelburn mattress?

Robert Vedell Says

June 10, 2018 at 11:40 pm

What does BJ's Cedar Lane series compare to Sealy's regular product line.

johana Says

June 5, 2018 at 10:21 pm

I want to know the difference between prospect lake/cushion firm and performance Humbolt firm. how about lawson firm pillow top. which is the best?? I have a back pain. Thank You for information.

Christine Hieb Says

June 4, 2018 at 12:09 pm

I am looking for Posturepedic Artesia HD Cushion Firm. I'd appreciate any help!

Lauren Says

May 26, 2018 at 1:21 am

Every retailer I look at online has a different name! How can I possibly choose one? Davlin. Shore Drive. Hallie Grace. Humboldt. McCann. It's all so confusing. I used to have. "Sealy PosturePedic Reserve Liberty Park Ultra Plush Euro Pilllowtop" queen mattress a long time ago. But it was destroyed in a flood. I cannot find that same model and I have no idea what it's comparable to..

Craig Says

May 23, 2018 at 12:01 pm

Hi. Is the Raymour & Flanigan furniture store's Sealy Performance Hanover Street Firm equivalent to the Macys/Sears Chase Point/Kenny model or next step up Copper Mountain? Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Larry Burgess Says

May 20, 2018 at 4:58 pm

What is comparable to the Lake Grandbury by Sealy

Betty J Arrant Says

May 20, 2018 at 4:28 pm

I am looking at a sealy surrey lane plush euro pillow top with gel memory foam at ashley furniture. The advertised sale price for a queen is $699 for the queen size. This is a memorial day sale flyer. I have tried to find the mattress under the sealy name and have had no luck. I would like to know what you think this mattress is really worth.

Kimberley Sweet Says

May 19, 2018 at 1:23 pm

Hi. I am considering a Sealy Posturpedic plush euro top mattress set. I believe this is a hybrid of foam and coil. But I saw a couple of comments about severe outgas issues. Any thoughts?

jack corona Says

May 15, 2018 at 5:06 pm

i want to upgrade to something with performance. i have gone through 2 sealy mattress from cost . sealy has recommended the hybrid series .cost only carrie the sunset ridge hybrid . how does this rate in the mattress world thanks

Lee Vickman Says

May 14, 2018 at 7:20 am

What would be the current equivalent to Sealy Posturepedic Barrington Cushion Firm of some years ago?

Kirk Says

May 11, 2018 at 11:29 pm

Is there an equivalent to the Sealy Kedvale mattress?

Kirk Says

May 11, 2018 at 11:29 pm

Is there an equivalent to the Sealy Kedvale mattress?

Bri Says

May 5, 2018 at 9:21 pm

Hello Looking for a close match to Sealy castle hill model. Any suggestions?

Lonn Says

May 5, 2018 at 9:02 am

My sister got a Sealy Newfield model 508769 at costco 3 years ago and I like it and want to get the same...they don't seem to have this type anymore...do you know if there is an equivalent...maybe under a new name? Cheers!

Jack Sieve Says

May 3, 2018 at 6:00 pm

A replacement for Sealy Hybrid Kelburn mattress

Mel Says

April 24, 2018 at 2:45 pm

Hi, can you tell me the differences between the Sealy Hybrid Performance 13-inch Queen and the Sealy Kelburn 2? I liked the Kelburn 2 in person but wasnt sure if Its similar enough to the Hybrid performance to just buy that one online. Thanks, Mel

Bob Says

April 14, 2018 at 6:16 pm

Question: Looking at Sealy Shore Drive Extra Firm offered by Macy's. Looking for equivalents to price shop. Also any warnings for this model?

April 9, 2018 at 11:50 am

That's the coil density, which is based on a queen size. It does not have the same number of coils in every size, because that would be ridiculous. They wouldn't even fit. Costco has some good deals on Sealy. But you can't really try them out before buying. But I think they have a pretty good return policy, so that mitigates the issue a bit.

Nancy Stone Says

April 8, 2018 at 7:19 pm

Your opinion of the Premium West Salem Cushion Firm King by Sealy at Costco. They list 960 coils for all size in this style. would they be the same for a full and King size? We want a firm mattress. Will this fill the bill?

jeff solomon Says

April 2, 2018 at 10:12 am

I was shopping at Livings Spaces and tested a mattress in the Sealy Premium collection called Eveningside UltraFirm. I liked the mattress though a little more cushion at the top would be preferable.

March 31, 2018 at 6:53 am

There will be no equivalent to the one made 7 years ago. A lot has changed in mattresses since then. For the one made 2 years ago, I have no way of knowing what mattress that is from the model number. That will change by retailer, and I don't have any kind of master list.

John Deermount Says

March 31, 2018 at 5:40 am

Can you tell me today's equivalent to either of these Sealy mattresses: model 506387 (mfg 05/2011 model 518905 (mfg 12/2015

David Shapiro Says

March 16, 2018 at 4:43 pm

I want to buy aSealy Posturpedic response premium West Salem at Costco but want to test it out before I buy it. Is there a store in the Los Angeles area where I could “test drive” one or at least a close similarity?

anthony majors Says

March 4, 2018 at 5:26 pm

what is the difference between sealy posturepedic hybrid elite kelburn I and a kelburn II?

anthony majors Says

March 4, 2018 at 5:23 pm

What is the difference between sealy posturepedic hybrid elite kelburn and akelburn?

Joanne Says

March 1, 2018 at 11:19 am

Can you please tell me which is better : Sealy Posturepedic "Potter" Euro Top exclusive to The Brick in Canada and Sealy WindjammerIII Offset oil Euro Pillow Top Plush Innerspring Mattress for a Low Profile Box spring from Best Buy Canada? Havig a very difficult time finding the right info to compare them. Thanks

Kathleen Kennedy Says

February 28, 2018 at 8:52 pm

What's an equivalent for the Masone?

Mickey Says

February 25, 2018 at 5:16 pm

Can you help me price compare an October 2016 sealy hybrid silver plush with prototype ID gt39 and model #512053, thanks!

February 20, 2018 at 5:53 pm

They all will be very similar. Most stores will only carry one or two of those three because they are so similar. I wouldn't know exactly which one you saw, but they'll be close.

ANDREW Says

February 19, 2018 at 10:51 am

Do you know what the Sealy Response Performance II Manuscript Firm mattress from Gardner White would be equivalent to in the list above?

Helene Says

February 18, 2018 at 10:50 pm

We tried a Sealy Response Performance Pillowtop in a store and would like to buy it on usmattress.com. Problem is that in the store it didn’t have a more specific name than this, so how do I know which one to buy? Will these Santa Paula, Mountain Ridge, Cooper Mountain all pretty much be the same?

Jack Margareten Says

February 18, 2018 at 1:30 pm

What is the model that is similar to queen lace

Sharon Says

February 15, 2018 at 11:07 pm

In 2013 we bought a sealy posturepedic castle hill ltd, ultra plush euro pillow top from Macy's. we want another as close to it as possible, but Macy's no longer delivers to our rural area so we are shopping at sears. Can you say what sears model would be comparable?

February 11, 2018 at 12:23 pm

If the slats are close enough together such that it's designed for use without a boxspring.

Kathleen K. Says

February 10, 2018 at 11:08 pm

Can a sealy performance mattress be used on a metal wood-slat platform bed?

David McDaniel Says

February 8, 2018 at 7:20 pm

I slept on a Sealy Ashton that was great. Sealy told me that it has been replaced by "Response Premium Collection." I can't find anyone who carries it.

Steve Lund Says

February 2, 2018 at 3:34 pm

Costco has a Sealy mattress they call Prospect Lake. Is it a good one? Firm?

Vicki Mcbroom Says

January 25, 2018 at 6:08 pm

I had ordered a sealy posturpedic beale street but they said they don't carry it anymore so yhe replaced my order with sealy posturpedic SNB Hapiness. How do they compare? And do they make any seals that u still flip instead of the rotate kind?

maggie Says

January 18, 2018 at 1:30 am

sealy (Lafayette) or (five star award) have the model name?

January 17, 2018 at 10:42 pm

There's not much difference between them, so it's hard to say. You're choosing between a high-end Sealy and a low-end S&F. S&F is the "luxury" version of Sealy, and there is a bit of overlap in quality between the high end of one and the low end of the other. If you had to push me, I'd say the Sealy, since some of S&F's charm comes from making the mattress look luxurious, without regards to whether it makes the mattress feel any better or last any longer, especially on the low end.

Nick Says

January 17, 2018 at 10:38 am

Looking for an equivalent of the Rock Star Plush (https://www.sleepoutfitters.com/ip/rock-star-plush/580497) any where besides Sleep Outfitters. Just trying to gauge price and see if we can't get a deal somewhere else.

Robert David Says

January 17, 2018 at 8:24 am

I have a Sealy mattress being replaced by Sealy. I want a cushion firm mattress without pillow top of foam. Choice is between Sealy Premium cushion firm and Sterns and Foster Garrick cushion firm. Which would you recommend for quality. Thx Robert

Walt Says

January 4, 2018 at 7:49 pm

Do you have any information about the Sealy “West Salem” Premium mattress being sold by Costco?

GREG DENNY Says

January 2, 2018 at 8:19 pm

looking at a Sealy Posturpedic west salem queen firm. You do not list it, any way to see a review?

Thea Says

December 31, 2017 at 3:24 am

Is there a Costco equivalent to Macy's Lawson Cushion firm pillow top? Thank you!

December 21, 2017 at 8:58 am

I believe the Benish Firm is the better choice.

Nelson Person Says

December 20, 2017 at 10:35 pm

Sealy has approved my warranty claim for foundation and mattress and offered comparable queen models as a replacement. Benish Firm and Holter Lake Firm were offered. The bed is used by my son, age 23, 6'1" 300 lbs and a back sleeper. Which do you think is better? I'll pay $140 for shipping and wait 6-8 weeks for manufacturing and shipping.

Greg Smith Says

December 12, 2017 at 11:16 am

Any idea about Costco's Sealy Response Premium, West Salem Cushion Firm? They sell them online and in my local Costco store.

Jennifer Says

December 10, 2017 at 11:29 pm

What is the difference in sealy treat and sealy fondness sold at mattress 1

Roger Case Says

December 4, 2017 at 5:15 pm

what is equivalent at Sears or Macy's to the consumer reports well rated Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid Elite Kelburn Firm Mattress --

November 28, 2017 at 8:12 am

All of them have the edge support. Not every retailer will mention something like that.

Susan Brock Says

November 27, 2017 at 9:20 pm

JCPenny is carrying the Sealy Responce Performance Davlin Cushion Firl with PosturepedicTechnology. I am comparing it the most closely to The Santa Paula IV Firm. Yet that one seems to have the Dura Flex Edge System and i do not see that mentioned in the Davlin model at JCPenny. Can you help me? https://www.jcpenney.com/p/sealy-performance-davlin-cushion-firm-mattress-box-spring/ppr5007239161?pTmplType=regular&catId=cat100240132&deptId=dept20000011&urlState=/g/sealy-mattresses/N-bwo3vD1nohs4Z78 https://www.us-mattress.com/sealy-pp-santa-paula-firm-queen.html

Glenn Mazer Says

November 26, 2017 at 7:06 pm

I’m trying to find the equivalent to the mattress used at Hyatt Regency. My wife called Hyatt and they don’t sell them anymore. The rep recommended no memory foam, no gel, no latex and 783 innerspring coils or more. I can’t find anything that meets those specs. We’ve been sleeping on a $5000 tempurpedic, and I’m ready to toss it.

chris Says

November 26, 2017 at 4:44 am

whats the difference between Sealy Performance " Humboldt" and "Dolby" firm pillowtop

Ivan Srut Says

November 25, 2017 at 12:37 pm

The size is Twin XL.

Ivan Srut Says

November 25, 2017 at 12:36 pm

How do Sealy Zane ET and Mountain Silent River ET compare. Is it the same mattress?

Susie Adrian Says

November 23, 2017 at 2:51 pm

I purchased a Sealy PP mattress through Sears. It is identified as Lynnview Firm model 51900140 (full size) manufactured in 2016, and trying if identify it closest to the Sealy main page on-line to mattress type. Not really happy with it and since my Sears store closed in my community I feel stuck with it. It sags after a few months of use and truly not comfortable.

November 18, 2017 at 7:25 am

There is no federal law saying that a store can only sell a given mattress model for a certain number of days per year. That's a lie. However, there are FTC regulations that say you can't keep a mattress at a "sale price" year round. You can't say, for example, that a mattress is "normally" $2200, but it's "on sale" for $990 all the time. So, Macy's uses a loophole that they have 2 models that are functionally the same but cosmetically different, both at a "regular" price of say $2200, but on sale for $990, and they just trade off which model is on sale. They only really show the version currently on sale, and never sell the "full price" one.

Michael Says

November 17, 2017 at 5:18 pm

Macy's told me that they have the Sealy Kedvale going on sale in a few days. The Lawson Cushion will be going off-sale. They told me that they're the exact same mattress, except with a different pattern and for $100 less, because federal regulations require that a store only sell a given mattress model for a certain number of days each year. The Kedvale, supposedly, is just the Lawson Cushion with a different pattern on top. Is this true? Thank you!

Vicki Says

November 15, 2017 at 12:36 am

We purchased a Sealy Camerino hybrid mattress about 7 months ago. The bed has started collapsing in the middle. Sealy is going to honor the warranty and we can pick out a new mattress. I am trying to figure out what mattress will be comparable and not have a problem with a sagging middle. Any suggestions?

Carole mccann Says

November 14, 2017 at 7:53 pm

West Salem Sealy Are these good?

November 4, 2017 at 12:48 pm

Same as the Cooper Mountain Cushion Firm Pillowtop and the ones in that row.

Rhonda Says

November 4, 2017 at 11:58 am

Sealy Humbolt cushion firm pillowtop

October 31, 2017 at 9:14 am

I haven't tried out how each of them feel, so I can't compare the firmness, and in any case, you may disagree with my ratings even if I did rank them. When I worked in a store, I would often come to a different conclusion than my customers on how firm a mattress is, because our bodies were shaped differently. One mattress with a lot of firm, dense foam would feel softer to me than a mattress with a little bit of soft foam, because I was heavy enough to go through either foam layer and hit the coils. A lighter, skinnier customer would only feel the firmness of the foam layer, and not really engage the coils at all. So it really comes down to how the mattress personally feels to you. That's the main downside about Costco. They don't make it easy to try out the mattresses before buying. (Of course, the upside of the lower price and good return policy make up for that)

Greg Says

October 31, 2017 at 8:09 am

I've decided to get a queen mattress & foundation from Costco because of their excellent return policy. I've narrowed it down to these four: Kirkland Signature by Stearns and Foster Hope Bay ($899.99); Sealy Premium River Terrace Cushion Firm ($899.99); Sealy Sunset Ridge Hybrid Cushion Firm ($749.99), and; Sealy Posturepedic Response Premium West Salem Cushion Firm (to which I'd add my own mattress topper ($699.99). What are your thoughts on these? How would you order them from firmest to softest?

October 25, 2017 at 10:08 pm

I have no idea. Those model numbers are specific to the store you got it from. But, you have the mattress. You should be able to tell very easily whether it's innerspring or memory foam.

Skip Binch Says

October 24, 2017 at 6:53 pm

I have a Sealy Model 674205 from 2008. Is it innerspring or memory foam?

Amber Says

October 22, 2017 at 10:02 pm

Looking for the Sealy Posturepedic Artesia HD cushion firm. Appreciate your help!

Jake Says

October 20, 2017 at 1:22 pm

Any info on the different names for the Sealy Hybrid Elite Kelburn? Thanks

Chris Says

October 19, 2017 at 11:56 am

Just got the Sealy Sunset Ridge Hybrid Queen mattress and it's extremely comfortable. Been enjoying it a lot. Great for the price at Costco, too. I was skeptical when I first bought it since there were very few feedback regarding the mattress, but I went ahead and purchased it due to Costco's return policy. However, I don't see myself returning this mattress ever.

SALLY Says

October 13, 2017 at 11:30 am

what do you think of this Costco choice? Sealy Response™ Premium West Salem | Cushion Firm

October 8, 2017 at 6:15 pm

You have it backwards. The Premium, Essential, and Performance collections are all part of the "Response" lineup.

October 8, 2017 at 6:14 pm

Yes, just search for Sealy Premium on their site.

Mary L Claypool Says

October 8, 2017 at 1:13 pm

Is the “Response” mattress part of the Premium collection, Essential collection, or Performance collection

Daniel Stan Says

October 7, 2017 at 7:03 pm

Greetings! Does Costco carry Sealy's Premium line? I'm interested in the ultra firm one. Thanks

Sharyn Taymor Says

October 6, 2017 at 9:34 am

We are staying with friends and they have a Sealy Posturepedic Napolean pillow top. We love it. Would you advise what may be an equivalent mattress? Thanks for your help.

September 29, 2017 at 10:55 pm

Costco still carries Sealy. They just recently started carrying the 2017 models and I haven't gotten around to updating my chart yet.

Gina Says

September 27, 2017 at 6:24 pm

Dear Sir: Thank you for this very useful website. I hope you make some money on it. We have an opportunity to inherit a great condition Sealy Posturepedic Camerino Cushion Firm Queen Bed. My husband wants me to find the same one and price them new to see if it pays us to move it across country. Would you be able to tell me what the equivalent is I can't seem to find anyone selling this name. I noticed Costco was on the 2015 list but not on the 2017. Does that mean they no longer carry Sealy? Thanks for your help with both questions.

Shelly Heredia Says

September 27, 2017 at 12:36 pm

Can you tell me which Sealy mattress is equivalent to Costco's Sealy Response Premium Performance Ridge Crest Firm Queen Mattress? I would like to try the mattress in a store. I live in Cerritos, CA 90703. Please advise with a store location where I can test the mattress most comparible to the one sold in Costco.

Harriet Says

September 26, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Can you tell me which Sealy mattress in Sears or Macy's is equivalent to Costco's Sealy Response Premium Ridge Crest cushion firm queen? I would like to try the mattress out in a store and US Mattress listed above seems to have stores located only in Michigan. I am in Northern NJ. Thank you for the help.

Laurie Says

September 26, 2017 at 7:35 am

Any idea on how firm this mattress would be, or have there been any reviews at all? Sealy Response Premium Performance Ridge Crest Firm. It's sold by Costco so I don't think any 'major' mattress chains would have it. I'm sorta like Goldilocks when it comes to a firm mattress... not too plush, not too firm...

Jason T Says

September 23, 2017 at 1:18 am

What is the comparable model of the Sealy Humboldt Tight top Cushion firm from JCP?

Jorge Guerrero Says

September 13, 2017 at 2:59 pm

Hello there, I am looking for the same mattress the JW Marriott uses. It is called the Sealy Posturepedic Artesia HD cushion firm. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you for the help!

September 6, 2017 at 7:06 am

Unfortunately, nothing comes up in a google search, so I have no way of knowing which model that is.

VALERIE GARZA Says

September 5, 2017 at 4:10 pm

I bought a Sealy Posturepedic Response Mattress. Problem is the seller cant tell me what I really have. Model # is 52189261 Trusting King. What exactly is that mattress.

Trina Says

September 4, 2017 at 4:13 pm

What's a name for Benish, Sealy brand at JCPENNEY?

Barrie-Lee Says

September 3, 2017 at 3:21 pm

Sealy Ashton Plush is an old model. Can you help me locate any information on it?

christine Says

August 31, 2017 at 7:16 am

what would be the comfort rating on the Barret court plush, plush pillowtop, and cushion firm and cushion firm pillowtop? the link no longer works to read them on US matress! Thanks I'm trying to compare shop to Costco line thanks!!

JB Says

August 25, 2017 at 10:38 am

Last year we bought a Sealy Posturepedic Plus Series Ashton Cushion Firm. On your 2016 page I think it was listed as comparable to a Warrenville Cushion Firm Mattress. What is the new 2017 Costco name for the Ashton Cushion Firm?

Bill Seery` Says

August 24, 2017 at 12:02 pm

Hi I'd like to find out about the comparative quality of the Sealy West Samem Mattress. Do you have anything to say about it? Thank you. Bill Seery

Pat Says

August 23, 2017 at 8:20 am

Could you give me details on the Sealy Posturpedic - Haskins, cush firm EPT and the Simmons Beautyrest Seaport Mixt Lux Firm EPtop

Dennis Says

August 21, 2017 at 7:39 pm

Queen sealy -west. Salem. I need a firm. Weigh 235. Do not want want that molds me in

August 17, 2017 at 11:18 am

I have no way to know whether you'll find the Plush model too soft. That's why it's a good idea to try the mattress out for a while before buying it. Or buy somewhere with a good return policy, like Costco, or one of the online mattress companies.

Annie Says

August 13, 2017 at 4:57 pm

We bought a Sealy Response Premium West Salem Cushion Firm queen mattress from Costco and after sleeping on it for a month it has proved way too hard so I am going to exchange it. The next one up at Costco is called the Sealy Response Premium Ridge Crest and it comes in a Cushion Firm and a Plush. They seem similar to the Barrett Court IV. I am looking for something a little more cushioned but I can't have a super soft mattress because of my lower back. Do you think the Plush will be too soft?

August 12, 2017 at 7:43 am

Money doesn't have the same value for everybody, so I can't answer that question for you. Aireloom mattresses are better than the more common "S" brands, like Sealy, but whether it is worth it to you entirely depends on your budget.

Kathy Says

August 12, 2017 at 1:17 am

Are Airloom mattresses worth spending the extra money for comfort and durability?

Spencer Says

August 10, 2017 at 8:40 am

Hello, We are looking for the same mattress the JW Marriott uses. It is called the Sealy Posturepedic Artesia HD cushion firm. Thank you for the help!

Patrick halpin Says

August 8, 2017 at 3:45 pm

What do you think of the Cosco Sealy Sunset Ridge hybrid queen mattress

August 7, 2017 at 9:49 pm

The Warrenville Cushion Firm and the ones in that row.

Julie Says

August 7, 2017 at 4:40 pm

What is the comparable mattress to the Sealy Posturepedic® Response Premium West Salem Cushion Firm Queen Mattress sold at Costco?

Kathleen Turano Says

August 4, 2017 at 3:56 pm

My husband & I are in our early 70's. He has some back pain, and my hips hurt sometimes when I sleep. We don't think we want foam and are leaning toward an inner spring mattress with a cushion top--not necessarily a pillow top that will squish. We have looked at S & F (fit the bill for price & comfort) but the reviews are pretty bad. We considered a Beautyrest Black (Lydia) in Macy's for about $2800 , but its reviews didn't justify the cost. I think we need cushioning and support. Any suggestions? Thank you. You are a great help to many. Glad we found your site. Kathy

August 3, 2017 at 8:07 am

It's a lower quality foam. It's less expensive. It either won't be as comfortable or won't be as durable or both. The higher end models use a thin layer of it. The Costco model uses a thick layer of it.

Fred Says

July 29, 2017 at 10:47 am

Dear MN: In responding to Mary, you described Costco's Sealy Sunset Ridge mattress as using "weaker foam" than Sealy's usual. Do you mean by that that the foam will not be as durable or that it is not so firm as the Sealy standard, or something else? Thanks.

Paul Says

July 24, 2017 at 12:20 pm

Judy, It's the Cooper Mountain IV / Dolby Plush mattress.

Tom Bundschuh Says

July 24, 2017 at 9:03 am

Hello, I'm having trouble deciphering the differences between the following mattresses (aside from pillowtop/non pillowtop). I'm looking for the firmest of the following mattresses... Goldrick Cushion Firm; Goldrick Firm Pillowtop and the Goldrick Cushion Firm Pillowtop. Tanks very much!

Judy Says

July 20, 2017 at 10:05 am

Any idea what is the equivalent of the Sealy blue Mesa plush tight top sold by Ashley Furniture?

July 18, 2017 at 10:10 am

No, Costco's lower-end model is not a "preview" of the 2018 lineup. It's just a lower-end model.

July 18, 2017 at 10:09 am

Costco uses slightly weaker foams. That's the main difference. The Sunset Ridge is exclusive to Costco at a slightly lower price, using slightly weaker foams.

Mary Says

July 17, 2017 at 9:08 pm

Also it looks like Sealy is revamping their Hybrid line to launch in 2018. The Costco Hybrid Sunset Ridge may be a preview of that new design since it looks different from the Copper and Cobalt Hybrids. http://www.multivu.com/players/English/7971451-sealy-mattress-2017-brand-refresh/

Mary Says

July 17, 2017 at 7:33 pm

It looks to me like the Costco Sealy Hybrid Sunset Ridge Cushion Firm is between the Sealy Hybrid Copper Cushion Firm and Copper Plush. The Sunset Ridge Cushion Firm has 1" of extra soft foam, 2" of gel memory foam and 1" of foam. The Copper Cushion Firm has 2" of soft foam and 2" of gel memory foam. The Copper Plush has 2" of extra soft foam and 2" of gel memory foam.

Mary Says

July 17, 2017 at 12:16 pm

Costco Sealy Sunset Ridge Hybrid Cushion Firm: 13.5" 1" SealyCushion™ Extra Soft Foam 2" SealyConform™ Gel Memory Foam 1" SealyCusion™ Foam 0.5" SealyConform™ Gel Memory Foam in the center third SolidEdge™ HD Premier System - The premium version (wider, at 3 inches) of our reinforced border around the mattress edge It looks like the closest equivalent may be the Sealy Posturepedic Hybrid Copper Cushion Firm sold by US Mattress and Mattress 1? 13.5" 2" SealyCool Gel Memory Foam 2" SealyCushion Soft Foam 0.5" SealyCool Gel Memory Foam (center 3rd) Coil System: Zoned Sealy Embrace Premier Coil - Coil Gauge: 14, SolidEdge HD Premier, 3'' Fully Encased Foam

Mary Says

July 17, 2017 at 1:06 am

What mattress at the brick and mortar stores is comparable to the Costco Sealy Sunset Ridge Hybrid Cushion Firm? https://www.costco.com/Sealy-Sunset-Ridge-Hybrid-Cushion-Firm-King-Mattress.product.100362715.html Thank you.

July 12, 2017 at 7:06 am

If you look at the US Mattress versions, they give detailed breakdowns of every layer of foam. You can see the differences that way.

Jordan Says

July 11, 2017 at 8:28 am

What is the difference between the shoredrive cushion firm pillow top and the Lawson cushion firm pillow top?

July 10, 2017 at 7:21 am

A google search doesn't come up with anything. Do you have a link?

Ann Says