As you may have noticed, it’s difficult to comparison shop for mattresses between retailers because they often have different names for what seems to be the same exact mattress. Or, the retailer will claim their mattress is an exclusive, or their model has some feature that nobody else has that makes it different. How then will you take advantage of the price match guarantees that so many places offer? (To jump directly to the chart, click here)
The answer is you have to look at the specs of the mattress and compare layer by layer to show it’s the same mattress. But this can be very confusing for a customer (as if buying a mattress wasn’t confusing enough already). So, here I have done the work for you.
Here is a comparison chart for the 2016 Simmons Beautyrest Recharge collection. You can use this chart to cross-reference what you saw in a store with online models or models at other retailers. From there you can either go back into the store to see if they’ll price match, or just buy online.
There are 3 levels of Beautyrest. The classic models, the world class, and the hybrid. There are also other ones out there, like the Beautyrest Black models, but they tend to be sold the same price everywhere and often have the same name everywhere, so I didn’t bother making a chart for them. (The World Class models are being replaced by the Platinum models. They’re very similar, just different branding)
To use this chart, just look for the name of the mattress you saw, and then look horizontally across the chart to see what the equivalent model is elsewhere. You can also use the search function in the chart.
Simmons Beautyrest 2016 Recharge Comparison Chart
A few notes about the chart:
- The World Class models are being phased out and replaced with Beautyrest Platinum models. The comparisons for World Class models will be a little spotty until that switch is complete.
- Sometimes the models won’t be an exact match. A retailer might put some kind of small exclusive feature in the mattress to make it different, but this generally doesn’t change how the mattress feels
- US Mattress has the largest selection of Beautyrests and they very often have the lowest price, so be sure to check them.
- When comparing prices, make sure you’re comparing the correct size and boxspring option.
- This chart does not have the Beautyrest Black models, because they tend to be sold under the same name and same price everywhere.
- Sleepy’s was bought out by Mattress Firm, so you’ll find the same exact models at Sleepy’s stores as Mattress Firm stores.
My chart focused on the largest retailers both online and brick-and-mortar. I obviously can’t include the hundreds of small mom-and-pop mattress retailers (who also all have their own name for the mattresses), so if the mattress you saw is not on this chart, I have a contact form on my Comparison Shopping Service page. I will find the comparable models to what you saw for free.
Disclaimer: I do earn a small commission at no cost to you if you decide to purchase anything from some of the above retailers (except Mattress Firm). So, if the store gives you a hard time about price matching, or you just don’t want the hassle, you can support my site by buying through one of my links.