Lucid Mattress Reviews
Lucid offers 14 different mattresses made of memory foam, latex, coils or some combination of the three. They are economically priced regardless of the materials, model or size. Keep in mind, when it comes to memory foam, price usually gives some indication of how long the mattress will actually hold up when used regularly.
The 10-inch gel memory foam model is the most popular option from the brand and the best-selling on Amazon. The 12-inch plush gel memory foam is similar in construction, just thicker and softer.
The 10-inch Bamboo Hybrid is innovative in the materials it uses. One of the foam layers is injected with bamboo charcoal to keep things dry and combat odors. Same in the transition foam, except it’s infused with aloe vera, again to keep things fresh.
10-inch Gel Memory Foam Might Be Good For You If….
- You are a side sleeper
- You have back pain
- You get too hot in your bed at night
12-inch Plush Gel Memory Foam Might Be Good For You If….
- You are a side sleeper
- You sleep too hot
- You love a soft mattress
10-inch Bamboo Hybrid Might Be Good For You If….
- You are a back sleeper
- You are a hot sleeper
Best Lucid Mattress by Sleeping Position
Side Sleepers should go straight for the 10-inch gel memory foam mattress because it will curve around the body where you need it to (hips and shoulders). There’s a reason it’s a best-seller on Amazon. It hits that sweet spot of firmness, comfort, and value.
Back Sleepers will want something a little firmer so I’d say go for either of the latex hybrids, which are firmer than medium. The memory foam top layers will cradle your butt while still comfortably supporting your body weight.
Stomach Sleepers will probably like the latex hybrids, again for that medium-firm feel. Latex does the best job supporting without collapsing. It’s tough because you need the mattress to curve around your stomach and still hold up your hips, keeping your spine in correct alignment. Again, latex is versatile that way.
Pros and Cons of Lucid Mattresses
- Price. Price. Price.
- Variety of materials used (memory foam, coils, latex, charcoal, cooling gels)
- Availability on Lucid’s website and all over Amazon
- Certi-PUR USA certified foams
- Break down more quickly than more expensive mattresses
- At best a guest room mattress or for other temporary situations
|MODEL||TWIN||TWIN XL||FULL||QUEEN||KING||CAL KING|
|10” Gel Memory Foam||$169.99||$169.99||$219.99||$239.99||$319.99||$319.99|
|10” Plush Memory Foam||$189.99||$199.99||$249.99||$299.99||$399.99||$399.99|
|14” Gel Memory Foam||$349.99||$364.99||$469.99||$549.99||$719.99||$719.99|
|14” Plush Memory Foam||N/A||$369.99||$529.99||$599.99||$749.99||$749.99|
|16’ Latex Foam Hybrid||$298.69||$429.99||$454.58||$699.99||$799.99||$799.99|
|6” Gel Memory Foam||N/A||$129.99||$169.99||$199.99||N/A||N/A|
|8” Gel Memory Foam||$159.99||$169.99||$219.99||$249.99||$329.99||$329.99|
|12” Plush Gel Mem. Foam||$269.99||$299.99||$375.99||$419.99||$529.99||$529.99|
|5” Gel Memory Foam||$99.99||$109.99||$134.99
|10” Bamboo Hybrid||$249.99||$272.03||$340.77||$384.15||$499.99||$499.99|
|12” Latex Hybrid||N/A||$292.81||N/A||N/A||$549.99||$549.99|
|12” Bamboo Hybrid||$279.99||N/A||$504.99||N/A||$549.99||$549.99|
|12” Latex Hybrid||N/A||$354.25||$456.00||N/A||N/A||N/A|
- Twin 75” L X 39” W
- Twin XL 80” L X 39” W
- Full 75” L X 54” W
- Full XL 80” L X 54” W
- Queen 80” L X 60” W
- King 80” L X 76” W
- Cal King 84” L X 72” W
|10” Gel Memory Foam||Memory foam w/cooling gel||Med. Firm: 6/10||55 lbs||10 inches|
|10” Plush Memory Foam||Memory foam||Plush: 3/10||60 lbs||10 inches|
|14” Gel Memory Foam||Memory foam w/cooling gel||Plush: 3/10||92 lbs||14 inches|
|14” Plush Memory Foam||Memory foam||Extra Plush: 2/10||92 lbs||14 inches|
|16’ Latex Foam Hybrid||Latex &
|Extra Plush: 2/10||115 lbs||16 inches|
|6” Gel Memory Foam||Memory foam w/cooling gel||Firm: 8/10||37.6 lbs||6 inches|
|8” Gel Memory Foam||Memory foam w/cooling gel||Med. Firm: 6/10||47.5 lbs||8 inches|
|12” Plush Gel Mem. Foam||Memory foam w/cooling gel||Plush: 3/10||86 lbs||12 inches|
|10” Latex||Natural latex||Firm: 7/10||84 lbs||10 inches|
|5” Gel Memory Foam||Memory foam w/cooling gel||Extra Firm: 8/10||28 lbs||5 inches|
|10” Bamboo Hybrid||Memory foam
& coil hybrid
|Plush: 3/10||77 lbs||10 inches|
|10” Latex Hybrid||Natural latex
& coil hybrid
|Med. Firm: 6/10||81 lbs||10 inches|
|12” Bamboo Hybrid||Memory foam
& coil hybrid
|Plush: 3/10||97 lbs||12 inches|
|12” Latex Hybrid||Natural latex
& coil hybrid
|Med. Firm: 6/10||103 lbs||12 inches|
10-inch Gel Memory Foam (Medium) Construction
- This memory foam mattress is a simple two-layered design with 2.5 inches of ventilated foam with cooling gel inside of it. Ventilated means it has holes cut into it for air to flow through. The design feature is supposed to keep you cool. The foam itself makes up the comfort layer because it cradles the body and helps avoid putting too much pressure on the wide parts of the body.
- The second layer is 7.5 inches of a firm base layer for support. The density of it is enough to deliver a medium firmness to the mattress. Both layers are Certi-PUR-US approved as being made and using materials that are safe for consumers and the environment.
12-inch Plush Gel Memory Foam Mattress Construction
- This is a three-layer memory foam mattress, a thicker version using other materials to increase the ability of the foam to keep you cool.
- There is a 3-inch layer of ventilated memory foam with a cooling gel injected into it at the top of the comfort layer. Below that is another 1-inch layer of ventilated memory foam, but one that has bamboo charcoal infused into it to help get rid of odors.
- The support layer is made of 8 inches of a high density (read: thick, firm) that holds the rest of the mattress up without collapsing.
- The cover is made of TENCEL fabric out of the wood pulp. The natural fabric is soft to the touch and, like cotton and wool, wicks moisture so the top of the mattress stays dry next to your skin.
10-inch Bamboo Hybrid Mattress Construction
- This five-layer mattress makes use of foam and coils and other cooling materials starting with a cover made of knit fabric.
- The comfort layer is three sections of different types of foam that all work together to contour to the body and ease pressure on parts like your shoulders and hips.
- The top layer of the comfort layer is 1.5 inches of foam with bamboo charcoal inside of it. The bamboo charcoal reduces odors and helps moisture evaporate.
- The second part of the comfort layer is 1 inch of foam injected with aloe vera for freshness. The last bit of the comfort layer is another inch of support foam, a bit firmer than the two on top of it. It basically eases you above the coil layer so it doesn’t feel so harsh like a harsh drop.
- The support layer is made of 5 inches of wrapped coils. Coils always do three things in a mattress: (1) allow a lot of air to get through the middle of the mattress, (2) reduce the motion one partner will feel when the other person on the bed moves and (3) increase the mattress’s lifespan.
- In this model, to strengthen the edges for couples who need to use the entire surface, there is a five-inch ring of high-density foam surrounding the coils.
- At the very bottom, this hybrid mattress finishes with one last layer of support foam.
Lucid offers a 100-night, risk-free trial. If you return it within 100 days from the date you received it, you will be eligible for a full refund.
Lucid offers a 10-year limited warranty.
Shipping and Delivery
Shipping is free. The mattresses come compressed into a box. Your mattress will leave the warehouse in 24-48 hours.
You can buy Lucid mattresses on the company website or on Amazon. The prices and availability differ at both locations. You can also find Lucid mattresses from other third-party sellers on Amazon, but those prices will usually come in higher than the original prices that Lucid offered.
Lucid gives you a lot of options for a cheaper price. You get bargains in foam mattresses, foam mattresses with cooling gel, latex mattresses, and all manner of hybrids using those materials and coils. If you want a bargain, you will find it at Lucid.
What you won’t find is a long-term fit for your bedroom. Customers say the mattresses start sagging sooner than they would like. Overall, Lucid mattresses wear down more quickly.
You can get a good Lucid mattress on Amazon. The fuss of buying a new mattress is shaved down to a minimum. But since the quality of the materials is, too, you could find yourself shopping for another one sooner than you want to.
Lucid mattresses are good choices for guest rooms; not so good for master bedrooms.
Cuddle Mattress Review
Check out our in-depth review of the Cuddle mattress. Read on to understand why choosing the Cuddle sets you up to actually cuddle more comfortably!