Sleep Guides and Resources
At Mattress Nerd, we geek out over far more than just mattresses. We’re also big nerds when it comes to sleep. Your mattress is just the beginning. What we are really after, is making sure our readers get the best sleep possible. Fining the right bed is only one piece of the pie. To learn more about sleep health, sleep tips, sleep disorders, and sleep remedies, check out our sleep guides and resources page.
Sleep Tips & Basics
We have a variety of great articles to help you get better sleep. While we think mattresses are a good place to start, when searching for some more ZZZ’s, there are many other things you can consider to improve the quality of sleep.
Tips for Getting Better Sleep
Keep It Cool: Tips To Not Sleep Hot
How can you sleep cooler on your mattress? It comes down to your sleep environment, your bedding, and the mattress itself. Sleep cool with these tips on how not to sleep hot.
Tips to Get a Better Night’s SleepLearn easy and effective tips for helping you achieve a better night’s sleep.
You can think of sleep as the glue that holds us together. That’s because sleep has an impact on every aspect of our health and wellness. On Mattress Nerd, we cover a variety of sleep health topics, ranging from sleep disorders to sleeping during pregnancy.
Pain and Sleep Guide
Pain and Sleep Guide
Not all sleep is created equal. Deeper sleep helps your body recharge and reset so you can wake up feeling ready to seize the day. But that’s easier said than done.
Parent’s Sleep GuideNot all sleep is created equal. Deeper sleep helps your body recharge and reset so you can wake up feeling ready to seize the day. But that’s easier said than done.
|Restorative Sleep & Muscle Recovery|
Learn about the most common sleep disorders, their impact on your health, and treatment options.
The Insomnia GuideExperiencing insomnia? We’ve created a guide to help you learn more about the condition, insomnia symptoms, causes, and treatment options.
Accessories to Optimize Your Sleep
- Natural Product Guide For Bedroom
- Best Apple Alarm Sounds to Wake Up To on iPhone
- Melatonin for Sleep
- Blue Light and Sleep
- Benefits of Sleep Masks
Additional Sleep Resources
Still looking for more information on sleep? Check out the following external resources (both online and offline) to learn even more about sleep.
- Sleep Health Journal of the National Sleep Foundation
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention — Sleep Health
No, these aren’t books that are so boring they’ll put you to sleep! While that is an effective practice for many people, these books actually have great, actionable information about getting better sleep.
- The Harvard Medical School Guide to a Good Night’s Sleep: This book is from one of the most esteemed medical schools in the world. It has advice on getting a better night’s sleep as well as detailing the consequences of not sleeping well.
- The Promise of Sleep: A New York Times bestseller by Dr. William Dement, a world-renowned sleep-researcher.
- Why We Sleep: By Michael Walker, Ph.D., Why We Sleep, discusses how sleep is just as important to survival as food, water, and the air we breathe.