What Is White Glove Delivery?
When something is described as “white glove,” it means that it’s handled with a higher level of precision, care, and attention. A white glove service ensures that a customer’s overall experience is defined by convenience and ease. This type of service usually comes with the purchase of luxury goods and large or fragile items.
There are different types of businesses that offer white glove services. Mattress companies, in particular, offer white glove delivery services. But what exactly does that mean and how does it benefit you?
What Does it Mean if a Mattress Company Offers White Glove Delivery?
What’s included in a white glove delivery service may differ from company to company, but they all generally have the same goal: Providing stress-free store-to-door transportation and installation of your new mattress in your home.
If you’ve ever purchased a new mattress in-store, then you’re probably familiar with the whole routine of lugging your new mattress out of the store, figuring out how to fit it in your car, carrying it through your front door and up to your bedroom, and painstakingly taking it out of its packaging. A white glove delivery service saves you all that hassle.
In addition, most white glove mattress delivery services come with after-installation cleaning services. This includes the disposal of any leftover packaging and materials, along with your old mattress and bed frame.
How Does White Glove Delivery Work?
If you’ve ordered your mattress with white glove delivery service, you’ll typically be able track your package in real-time. This can let you know where it is and when it’s about to arrive at your doorstep. Most companies offer insurance, which covers any damage that may occur to your mattress during transport.
Once your mattress has arrived, all you have to do is let the mattress professionals in and direct them where to set up your new bed. No need to lift a finger as they’ll do everything from carrying it to installing the mattress in your bedroom. If included, they’ll also remove your existing mattress for you.
How much does white glove delivery cost?
Since this is a type of premium service, white glove delivery may come with a premium fee of about $100. The fee can also increase, depending on any service add-ons you choose.
Some mattress companies may offer free white glove delivery, but that means this cost is already factored into a mattress’s price.
Should You Get a Mattress With White Glove Delivery?
It’s understandable if you’re a bit hesitant about getting white glove delivery. After all, whether it’s an additional fee, or included in a luxury mattress, this service typically comes with a higher price tag.
To help you make up your mind, consider the following before opting for the service:
When You Should Consider Choosing White Glove Delivery
- If you have mobility issues. If you have a condition or injury that prevents you from doing any strenuous activity, a white glove delivery service will do all the heavy lifting for you. The only thing you have to do is open your front door.
- If you’re worried about damaging your mattress. This special type of delivery ensures that your investment in your mattress doesn’t go to waste. If you’re not too confident about getting your mattress safely to your home, this may be for you.
- If you simply can’t be bothered. If you just want the easiest way to get a new mattress in your home and your budget isn’t an issue, go for a white glove delivery service.
- If you’re rarely at home. With white glove delivery, you sometimes have the option to choose when your mattress can be delivered. If you work odd shifts and are only home at certain times, white glove delivery can help. If you miss the delivery, though, you could be charged with a re-delivery fee, so watch out.
When You Probably Don’t Need It
- If you’re on a tight budget. Transporting and installing your new mattress may be hard, but it’s not impossible. If you want to save money, you can always skip it and just go the DIY route.
- If you’re in a rush. Depending on the delivery process, you may have to queue up for white glove delivery. This is common for mattress companies that subcontract their delivery services. Again, ask first before you pay.
- If you live very far from the mattress retailer/source. Some mattress companies only offer white glove delivery within certain states or distances from their warehouses. The distance between you and the retailer can be a big determining factor in the cost, too. If you’re going to pay a big fee because of the distance, it may be worthwhile to reconsider.
Popular Mattresses that Come With White Glove Delivery
Thinking about getting a new mattress soon? Here are some popular mattress companies that offer white glove delivery.
- White glove delivery: Free
- Mattress removal: Free for select products
Saatva Mattress is one of the few companies that offer free white glove delivery services, which include in-room delivery, mattress and bed frame installation, and mattress and foundation removal.
- White glove delivery: Available for a fee
- Mattress removal: Available for a fee
Bear Mattress offers full-service white glove delivery that you can customize according to your needs. You can choose an installation-only option or have them junk your old mattress and bed frame, too.
- White glove delivery: Available for select products
- Mattress removal: Available for a fee
Casper probably has one of the most extensive white glove delivery services, spanning across the contiguous USA and parts of Canada. You can pay an extra fee for them to properly dispose of or recycle your old mattress and bed frame.
White glove delivery is a premium delivery service that saves you from all the hassle of transporting, moving, and unpacking your new mattress. Depending on the company offering it, you can also choose from other convenient services, like expedited shipping, old mattress removal, and others.
If your budget isn’t an issue but convenience is, consider opting for white glove delivery the next time you purchase a new mattress. Many mattress companies offer this type of delivery, so always make sure to ask first.